Random Gobbledegook

Ramblings on life, otakuness and other random stuff.

The world ends with me!

The boxart cover of TWEWY

Ah, yes. I could've sworn I was never going to give into playing a DS, since I'm a loyal (enough) Sony Fanboy, but this game changed otherwise. My friend who played this game earlier than me, decided to lend me their DS, along with this game, The World Ends With You.

It is an action RPG, but it is sooo different from your generic RPG, that I'm tempted to get a DS now, to play some more of it xD. The story starts off being kinda emo - with a "everybody hates me" and "I don't care" attitude. As it progresses the message, is that the world isn't as bad as it is, as it depends on what you make for yourself. Hence the title, 'the world ends with you'. (I won't spoil you guys on the plot)

It has a lot of replayability, and unlike traditional rpgs, levelling up isn't a chore anymore, with the variety of different ways that you can use different moves depending on pins you use. From striking the touchscreen using the stylus, to blowing into the mic, to dragging objects on the screen to attack - no battle can get boring!

You can gain some extra exp from playing the game next to other people with wifi-enabled on their DS's no matter what game they're playing. In terms of other multiplayer functionality, you can play with your pins in a game called Tin Pin.

Overall it's a great game, with an interesting storyline and innovative gameplay, highly recommended to those who love a good story, and something that isn't conventional.


The inside of the box

The back cover of the box

0 comments:

    Recent Posts