Random Gobbledegook

Ramblings on life, otakuness and other random stuff.

A World of Toys and fun! =)

The past two days I've spent wandering around looking at various computer stuff, gaming, and anime! I'd post some HK pics, except that for some strange reason I cannot read the memory stick from the camera. I'll try and find a solution sometime soon. :)

I went to the popular Golden Computer Centre, an awesome place full of computer components, from monitors to systems to laptops to different types of accessories. I went to the adjacent shopping place too, known as Wong Gum. It used to be a popular place for copied stuff, but now it consists of gaming and pc accessories at the bottom. I managed to finally get SF4, but it wasn't unfortunately. xD

Another computer centre is the Mongkok Computer Centre. It has 3 levels of shops, but is nowhere near the scale of the Golden Computer Centre. Still has most of what you need, just specific components might be hard to get there.

Kwong Wah Street is popular for plastic model kits, from Gunpla (Gundam model kits), to various car ones. By wondering around there, I started to get an appreciation for this hobby, and the time and effort people put in to build and collect models. I ended up getting two kits, a 1/144 scale HG Exia model, as well as an FD3s Initial D model.

Speaking about models and other hobbies, for those of you who love anime/gaming stuff, be sure not to miss out on going to the Sino Centre. It is kind of the HK alternative to Akiba (Akihabara) that I know of there, with heaps of anime goods, manga, a few gaming stores, and even heaps of Japanese CD shops too. I love to visit there at least once everytime I go back! I ended up getting two posters there, a BoA one and a Street Fighter IV one too. My room's less boring now thanks to it. =) There is also an "Animate" shop nearby that sells heaps of figures, and gunpla too. It's worth a visit if there's a model/figure that you really want.

If you're in the mood for other collectibles that aren't necessarily anime related, you should visit the CTMA centre, or the Trendy Zone. They have various plastic models for sale from Hello Kitty keychains, to unique original ones too. Visiting these places reflects on how much the kid inside all of us resides even to this day!

0 comments:

    Recent Posts