Random Gobbledegook

Ramblings on life, otakuness and other random stuff.

A new beginning...

Considering it's the first day of the month, and the beginning of a new financial year (in Australia), I thought it would be a good time to create my first entry on this blog.

Some of you may wonder, what's the purpose of having this second blog? I pretty much made this blog primarily for the sake of my US exchange as well as a blog about my personal interests such as in anime, gaming, Japanese stuff, as well as random things worth noting about in life. Oishiilog will still be around and updated, but that primary focus is on food only - I also got sick of people asking why I don't blog on things other than food...

Anyways, enough with the admin stuff, and on with some content!

As mentioned before, today marks the start of the new financial year, there have been a lot of sales around town. I myself have picked up some stuff too. (Ever since I got money, I've decided to support developers and artists xD) I managed to get these during my trip this year:

Now just waiting for the PS3 one....

I was browsing though the EBGames site looking to see if they had any good RPG's on sale and managed to stumble on this PSP title. I missed out on playing the original PS1 version when it came out, so this was my chance to have a go at and own this classic. I got both of these titles for $24.95AUD each.

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (VP1) I got from EBGames brand new during their half yearly sale: it was $49.95AUD before that they managed to take half price off. It seems really rare that JRPG's get discounted there though...guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for the other ones.

Surprisingly, I managed to get Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (VP2) from Blockbuster sealed for $24.95AUD too. (They have a lot of discounted movies and games, so it's worth checking out your local store)

Here's a pic of the insides of the cases:

UMD, DVD, what media could be next in the series?

I'm only about 3 hours into VP1, and I'm enjoying it whenever I have the time to play it. I'll probably provide an in depth review when I manage to finish it. Even though VP2 is a sequel, I'm the kinda person who'd want to finish the first game first to appreciate the links to VP1 from VP2.

There is a huge probability that there will be a third title though, considering that there are the three Valkyries...it could well complete my little collection when I get a PS3!!

Well that concludes my first post on this random blog. Expect to see more random stuff soon! =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sup will be interested in what you write up, might make me create a blog myself later these holidays.

Hope you have fun in the US exchange, going to miss the thursday ritual of swiping each others anime ;p.

I should really get cracking on some of those psp games i bought and those ps2, but meh what are you going to do. @_@. Stupid good games being released in Australia with other good games. Grrrr...

- Baka Ranger

Anonymous said...

OTAKU! :D

    Recent Posts