Random Gobbledegook

Ramblings on life, otakuness and other random stuff.

Week 3 in UCSC!

Hey guys! Just wondering how everyone is going wherever you are. Wow, time seems to fly when classes start. I'm already starting to feel the workload now, although its basically one week of classes. You sure do get tired here though going from one side of the campus to the other. So, here is the usual list of things happening this week:

  • Attended my first dancing lessons - it was modern/contemporary dance, and it is painful: there is so much stretching involved! Basically modern is a mixture of ballet + jazz, with some yoga/pilates to the side as well.
  • Dropped a class - thought since that I'm only here for a quarter, I shouldn't bombard myself with unnecessary workload, although that course was interesting.
  • Met a few more people - it's always cool to compare different cultures, making new friends and increasing the facebook friend count! xD
  • First Rain occurred! Visit here for more info.
  • Went to San Francisco for the first time since I have arrived in Santa Cruz - attended LoveFest to see what that it was about. LoveFest = a big party of parties with at least 20000 people in the middle of San Francisco. Visited Chinatown and Japantown, Pier 39 and had proper food instead of Dining Hall food! Finished the day off with some karaoke too.
  • Had homemade lasagne for the first time!
All in all, I'm settling down in Santa Cruz pretty well, people are nice enough, and it's not as crazy as they say. Here are some pics for this week! I also included a random travel video too! I might take some more from now on~

Homemade Lasagne!

LoveFest 2008!

The famous Pier 39
Sealions!

Chinatown!

Good Food!Karaoke!

0 comments:

    Recent Posts