Random Gobbledegook

Ramblings on life, otakuness and other random stuff.

Last UCSC week, not USA though! =P

What can I say. The final week of UCSC has past. Having to spend most of this afternoon by myself helped me reflect on the times that I enjoyed here. Pics later! What did I do on the final week? Here's the list:

  • After waiting for a week, I finally got my exam - it was easier than what I had expected, could be a good/bad thing haha.
  • Celebrated Kana's Birthday
  • Went to a farewell pizza party
  • Attended a small gathering late at night.
  • Cooked instant Yakisoba
I have learnt a lot coming here, not just academically, but personally. I might actually add more later. Things such as:
  • There are certain types of personalities I like hanging around with, no matter what their background - usually people who are warm, and with a touch of innocence.
  • People that I don't like hanging around with: people who are just arrogant, by always thinking of themselves rather than others (self explanatory)
  • Although being money conscious is good to survive, you can't enjoy life if you don't spend some.
  • No matter how trivial a promise is, it is still a promise, and you should follow it out anyway.
  • Miscommunication is always an issue - we just have to minimise it.
  • Goodbyes are not forever losing someone, rather, it is more the beginning of something more.
  • I'd like to avoid loneliness if possible, I'm just realising the aftermath effects of it, after seeing people just a day ago!
Things to reflect on:
  • If it wasn't for UCSC, I wouldn't have participated Modern Dance. It has been really fun participating there, and I have met some cool people, like Sam and Janey! I can confirm how unco I am now.
  • Working at the soup kitchen was a new experience for me also. Just knowing that being there, can make a difference to someone, and it has slightly changed my view to those people that live on the streets. Doing that subject has allowed me to meet people like Bee, Anita, and Sujin well. It was also my first time doing painting too.
  • Having people come over and appreciating the breakfast that I make is something that I want to take further. I realise how much I love cooking now, and I'm determined to learn more from mum!
  • Actually understanding the American way of life - not so much in Santa Cruz, but when I was in LA, the fast paced way of life was a real eye opener for me.
  • The friendships made - nothing can describe this as I never thought I would be close to people since it was only a 3 month period we spent together. I'm just glad that the world is so connected nowadays, that it's easy to meet up with people. It's always cool to find people from different countries that have common interests too. Who would've known? Tatsuya, and his otakuness being one of them =P
Either way, I don't regret coming here to UCSC. It was bumpy at the start, without knowing anybody, but it has turned out awesome. Just the different types of people, as well as life skills of course. Part of me wants to go back home now, yet another wishes that I could stay one more quarter here.

0 comments:

    Recent Posts