Random Gobbledegook

Ramblings on life, otakuness and other random stuff.

Half a day in Taipei!


Seeing as I don't have that much at the moment in terms of work, I thought I'd blog about my half day free tour in Taipei that was offered to us as part of the 15 hour stop off. After arriving there at close to 7am, I decided to go check out the free half day tour that was advertised when I booked my flight to the USA. It was pretty much a guess work kind of thing, as there wasn't that much clear instructions.

After clearing customs, I met up with the tour guide. There were 3 others with me, and unsurprisingly all waiting for that same 15 hour flight. We got onto our minibus (小巴) and started doing a tour there. We saw a really old street, I can't exactly remember the name now, but it was cool to see some old Chinese architecture around. We went to a few temples, with the guide explaining features of each one etc after that.


During our walking trip, we managed to go through some markets too, here is one with different soy marinated food:


Afterwards we wandered to a pottery street, there wasn't too much there to see, just admiring different types of art. Many of the places there didn't allow photos, so I can't really show some of the interesting pieces. We stopped by a 7/11 and grabbed a nibble, I had one of those shallot buns, and sushi triangles, that you can't find in Japan.

Afterwards, we just went back to the place via the minibus, and waited for 7 hours until the flight. It was better than spending there for a longer time. =P I had dinner at the airport with a famous Taiwan dish, see if you can guess:

It's stewed pork belly! =D

0 comments:

    Recent Posts