Random Gobbledegook

Ramblings on life, otakuness and other random stuff.

1st Day, 2nd night in LA

This day seemed like a really really long one. It started off with having some brunch at Subway, before heading to the Universal Studios. I'll post pics later.

Subway in my opinion seemed heaps smaller than the Australian counterpart. I grabbed a meatball sub cos I was so hungry, it tasted alright, but it filled my empty stomach. =)

Before going there, we had no idea whether or not to go to Disneyland. We decided to go to Universal studios instead because it is Hollywood, the place where good movies would be at. Personally I thought it was good, because there was only small queues for each ride. But compared to the Japanese one, I thought it wasn't as spectacular, both in terms of shows/parades and souvenirs.

Afterwards, we met up with Kelvin's friend, and had hot pot dinner together. Unfortunately it wasn't too much like hotpot, rather, it was more like Sukiyaki soup with rice. It tasted good though, I might go and make an entry about it on Oishiilog. Check the pic below!

After that we went to what I would call shopping hell. Black Friday as they call it, is the day after thanksgiving where big outlet places/malls/shops have big discounts, and they start from 8pm on thanksgiving. Some started at 5am this morning too. There were heaps of huge lines in front of different stores everywhere, and it basically seemed like chaos. I couldn't pick up anything, it was just not a pleasant experience.

We ended up arriving back at our hotel at 5:15am. It was the first time I had ever slept that late, I guess it wasn't too bad because I had 2 1hr naps. Either way, it's still a once in a lifetime experience, something I wouldn't do again for a while.

0 comments:

    Recent Posts