Random Gobbledegook

Ramblings on life, otakuness and other random stuff.

1st Night in LA

I think for the next few days in LA, I'll do my best to blog every morning. Images to come later, currently having trouble uploading some of them. =P

OMG, I finally arrived in LA. There were 3 others that went with me, Kelvin, Yao, and Kristen. After leaving at around 4ish from Santa Cruz, it took us roughly 8 hours to get here. I guess it didn't help that we were basically following the peak hour traffic to arrive.


Horrible traffic!

During our long trip, we explored many avenues of topics, from cars to cultural differences to music preferences. I feel bad for Kelvin, our driver who drove us there - it seems really crazy to drive for that long. I don't think I could do it, lol. We drove past a Maserati which was cool, first time to see one in my life. Unfortunately my camera is not good enough to take a good pic, this was the only pic that I could take.

We stopped by Taco Bell for dinner though. It was my first time, and I thought it was alright, but not that filling! xD Oh well, guess not all American sizes are THAT big. Check the pic below!


Unfortunately there was something bad in Kelvin's one though, and we had to take a toilet break on the way.

Roadtrips are not as fun in reality compared to the movies, but it's still a worthwhile experience to go on, as you can get to know others in the car better, provided they aren't sleeping!


We're currently staying at the Renaissance hotel near the airport. It's 4 stars, and alright for 30/person/night. Last night was the first time I shared a bed with someone outside of my family lol. Had to get used to sleeping straight for the first time in a while, didn't want to occupy that much space haha. I hope I don't scare
away the people staying here though, cos I'm known to be a sleeptalker, and sleepwalker in my younger years.





Renaissance Hotel inside


Anyhow, today seems to be the official day for Thanksgiving. We'll probably head to Universal Studios, as there probably won't be that many people there, and nothing else is open, except for food places I think. Depends on the weather actually. We're gonna try to get a turkey too tonight. I'll keep you guys informed! ^_~

0 comments:

    Recent Posts