Random Gobbledegook

Ramblings on life, otakuness and other random stuff.

2nd Day, 3rd night in LA!

Hey there guys! How's everyone going? Like last time, I'm gonna put pics up later, as some of my friends have better pics.

Well, after having a crazy tiring day last night, we ended up taking it easy for this day, and cruised around two Asian towns for a while. We ended up leaving the hotel at about 1ish, and decided to grab some ramen in Little Tokyo.

We went to Daikokuya, apparently the restaurant with the best ramen in LA. We had to wait for about an hour to get a seat - I'm not sure if it was really worth it because I was too hungry! It was good I must admit, and I tried a variation of it called Tsukemen. I can't give an honest opinion, because I was too hungry, it was almost 3pm before we could get any good food.

Afterwards, we decided to sightsee Little Tokyo for a bit. To me, it reminded me of some really old Japanese town that was built in the early 1900s. The shops were pretty primitive, but on the whole still a site worth checking out if you love Japan like me!

Before doing some last minute Black Friday shopping, we went to Chinatown too. It reminded me of old Chinese markets, but it was in no way close to being as lively as the San Francisco counterpart. Chinatown is still Chinatown, so it was basically more or less the same. I feel really bad to showing people around our Chinatown back at home, there isn't much to see and do there in my opinion.

We ended up going to Beverly Hills to go do some last minute shopping. Beverly Hills is a nice place basically in Hollywood, with a lot of big brands etc etc. You can tell by the pics, which I'll upload later. The whole street lights up, and it is a really good place to go visit on a tourist destination. I wouldn't mind coming back again to come visit.

For dinner we decided to go the fast food route, and had Yoshinoya. Unfortunately there was a sign to say no cameras inside the premise, so I can't show u what it's like. It was alright in my opinion, but i prefer the HK/Japan version. They actually give you a porcelein bowl.

When we got back to the hotel, we manged to spend about 3 hrs playing uno and card games. A great way to chill out I guess for the evening. Hopefully today will be just as exciting!

0 comments:

    Recent Posts