Random Gobbledegook

Ramblings on life, otakuness and other random stuff.

Week 10 in UCSC!

Hello guys! How is everyone doing? I hope all is well. Week 10 now, it's almost the end of the quarter with Thanksgiving day around the corner too. I basically did not get up to much this week, due to assignments slowly catching up and getting the better of me. Next week should be more interesting perhaps! Here is a quick summary of the week:

  • Assignments - they're just so annoying!
  • Went to the Italian Culture night, had homemade pizza and tiramisu, check the pics below!
  • Had sushi again at totoro! Had some pretty decent sushi too, check the pics.
  • Spent all of the weekend help painting a soup kitchen's kitchen. Before and after pics below as well.
What is a soup kitchen? Basically it's a place where we serve people who are less privileged than we are, who live on the streets, or below the poverty line. I started volunteering there every Friday lunch as part of one of my courses, as I believe it has helped me understand the community of Santa Cruz well. I have made some cool friends too, who are fellow volunteers there. We decided for our final project to help them out by painting their kitchen. It has been a success, and all that is left is for us to do a final presentation. =D

Anyhow, here are the pics from this week~



Homemade pizza, Italian style! It was pretty good I must say...
a lot better than Dining Hall haha.




Homemade Tiramisu!



Me and Marin at a random dining hall night.



Dragon Sushi at Sushi Totoro!



Sujin, Alice and me at soup kitchen



Before



After



Anita and her crew that helped with painting.



0 comments:

    Recent Posts