Random Gobbledegook

Ramblings on life, otakuness and other random stuff.

Miku Miku!

Recently a mate of mine gave me a Nendoroid as a very belated birthday present - this one from the vocaloid series, Miku Hatsune. It's a really popular figurine - it's currently out of stock at the moment, but Good Smile always seems to keep on making them - being restocked at retailers in December. Pictures of my Miku down below.

So what's a Nendoroid? Basically it's your typical SD (Super Deformed) or chibi-fied figurines of various anime/anime-related series. Some of these include characters from Haruhi, Lucky Star, and Fate: Stay Night. They are of good quality, and usually require a stand to stand them up, because their heads are usually heavier than their bodies. They usually are cute, and are great additions to any collection.

So what's the vocaloid series? It is the name of a computer software that interprets what you type, and outputs it as a song or speech, kinda like the old Microsoft Sam days. But instead, you get a kawaii anime character (like Miku) for each different software. e.g. You can get Rin and Ren I think? You can hear what Miku sounds like with my Miku clock on the side as well by clicking on the musical note.

I haven't bothered unboxing my Miku just yet, as I'll be leaving here in a few days time - it just seems better if I open it later when I come back from the States. I might take better pics of it when it gets unboxed. =P

I hope this isn't the start of me getting into figure collecting - it could become a really expensive hobby
!

Cute isn't it?
可愛いですか。

0 comments:

    Recent Posts