Random Gobbledegook

Ramblings on life, otakuness and other random stuff.

Week 1 in UCSC

Hey guys! Just thought I'd start to do a summary of each week with things that I have done, as I might not have any time when school starts. So yeah, basically, it has been a whole week since I have been in Santa Cruz, and I must say, it is pretty enjoyable. I have settled in pretty much, I know my basic way around the place, and met a number of different people from France to Turkey! In general, the culture here tends to be laid back too. I'll be studying mainly computer science/engineering stuff to get credit for my degree back at UQ.

So what else have I been doing the past week? Pretty much just these:

  • Having free dinner with the local residents at ILC - we had a BBQ, Italian food last night, as well as Pizza!
  • Going on a free shopping shuttle to pick up stuff in Target (Their Target is sooooo big compared to ours, and they sell everything there including food), Safeway (Basically our Woolies), and Best Buy - where I basically helped a friend preorder a PS3 game there too.
  • Having most people move-in except for one person - Spencer and Julieanne moved in the other day
  • Meeting up with 3 other fellow Aussies - One from UQ XD and the other two from Latrobe in Melbourne
  • Chillin' out with Spencer and going downtown
  • Seeing a random deer out on the footpath, and seeing squirrels around - I haven't been able to take pics of them yet >_<
  • Living in a forest with heaps of tall trees (I've been told they filmed Return of the Jedi here with the Ewoks scene) and extreme weather - Summer during the day, Winter at night.
All in all, it's pretty enjoyable so far, I'm just wondering if it'll stay the same when classes start. I'm pretty sure it will be, as my time here so far has been pretty cool. I'll leave you guys with pics of some of the scenery you can see as you leave the uni, my table who I ate dinner with last night and a pic of the BBQ:

Kinda feels like Road Trippin'!

A cool friendly mob I met yesterday!

Cheeseburgers on a BBQ!

0 comments:

    Recent Posts