Random Gobbledegook

Ramblings on life, otakuness and other random stuff.

On the road to Santa Cruz!

Woke up early to catch the plane at 10am. I've been on a plane for about 22 hours in total, with a 6 hour stop off in Taipei. Here are some random cool snaps I managed to take while there:

Pretty nice BRAVIA TV set here

A cool pyramid comprised of model planes

When in Taiwan, you must get Taiwanese snacks - these ones here are mini pancakes with cream and red bean paste!

I finally arrived in SFO International Airport, after a 11 - plus hour flight. I managed to find the hotel shuttle and arrived at the hotel in the evening at around 10pm. Here is the lobby there:


When I woke up in the morning I decided to catch the cab, and get the Grey Hound coach. Little that I know, was that the cab that was booked happened to be those extra luxurious ones, that cost a fortune. It costed me more to get to the airport than to get to Santa Cruz itself.

While waiting for my Greyhound bus, I spotted an electric bus? It's basically like a tram without tracks in my opinion:

Here are the pics of the coach I caught, and the ticket itself. It was a 3 hr trip with a few 10 min stops, so it didn't feel like a drag.

I managed to arrive in Santa Cruz in the arvo, and met up with fellow roommate Kyle. He's a pretty nice bloke, and having a car in Santa Cruz makes life a whole lot more convenient, even more than in Brisbane! Santa Cruz is kinda like the Gold Coast, but without the high rise hotels.

The apartment is pretty cool, not as small as I had imagined previously though. It's relatively new as well, and is in the middle of the forest - literally! I'll take pics and show them to you guys later.

I hope this is just the beginning of a fun filled adventure!

0 comments:

    Recent Posts